Friday, January 9, 2009

COPS MAKE ME SICK....


My roommate wrote this best and shared this bit of news with me that I quickly shared with others. Now I know that everything is a case by case situation, but I would like to state for the record that myself, my family and MANY others don't trust the police and probably never will. That's just the way the cracker crumbles for me...PERIOD. Here's something that just backs up my reasoning:




A public execution-style murder of Oscar Grant occured at an Oakland BART (metro/subway) stop by the BART police on New Years. Since then the bay has been on edge, understandably. To my family in the bay, I want to let you know that I'm with you in spirit, strength, and peace. Obviously, there is a deep history of police brutality in this country-- esp towards people of color. And, so while I didn't know him personally, I pray for peace for Oscar and his family... and his 4 year old daughter... and all the people who made him who he is, and all the people who's lives he touched. And I also pray for peace and justice and to stop the brutality and the hate and the rage that drives anyone to treat another human being in this manner. Please, spread the word about this to your friends and family so that Oscar Grant is not forgotten. Injustice cannot be forgotten or ignored without creating more injustice. So don't let this be silenced into something that 'just happenned somewhere else'... this has been, could have been, and will be our block if we turn our eye.


Peace,


~ Semra ~

No comments: