Friday, February 6, 2009

Scary economic times man...


As if we didn't already know just how BAD our economy is doing, The Washington Post just came out with a new record high figure READ FULL ARTICLE HERE, it's just flat out scary man. They say that 598,000 folks have lost their jobs since January! I know most of them and I TOTALLY feel their pain. It was hard enough trying to find a full time job to begin with out of college and since I'm not a gold digger like some others I know, I HAVE to break my own bread. Can't lean up on someone for that financial support, ya dig? But somehow for once in my life, I have never checked the Financial section of the paper FIRST as much as I have now to see how badly or how good we're doing. Nothing good has happened yet...and it doesn't look promising for a very LONG TIME.




Times are hard, Obama's pick for his green team (AKA: White House staff and cabinet) isn't working out as planned with some folks and it's a bit unsettling to say the least. Now once again, I am NOT depending on Obama to fix what was happening since Bush was re-elected, I'm hoping that just like all problems, there is a tangible solution. I'm sometimes TOO optimistic with how I perceive the world and am hopeful for (to use the over-used term) "CHANGE" and now, just like the rest of the world, I'd like to see POSTIVE CHANGE...not the same BS we've all settled for in the past. It's just unacceptable.




So I've come up with a solution... and it's going back to basics. It's REALLY REALLY important for those of you who have actual SKILLS in labor work etc. to take hold of this situation and make things yourself. This would really utilize the famous saying "less is more" because we are only going to get LESS, so you have to creatively create MORE (even if it's just doing it mentally). And lets be honest, it's about TIME us renaissance folks built up our skills again and showed ourselves just how talented we are. So dust off your sewing machine and start making some clothes because walking around the city naked could get you locked up and the last thing you need is to be held down by THE MAN ;-)

No comments: