Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My review on KESHA



I really dig her song called "Tik Tok" since the moment I heard it on the airwaves & I was crackin' up in bed the morning I woke up to it. Felt like I needed to get ready to leave to party somewhere, instead of just getting up and rollin' on over to work...when you hear it you'll completely understand. Haven't heard it, or clueless as to what I'm talking about? Find out what I'm talking about here: CLICK ME!




I've checked out some of her other songs online. One titled, "BLAH BLAH BLAH".....ok, so it reminds me of M.I.A without the clever/ political messages/ tonelessness (kinda hum-singing style where anyone can pick it up as long as it's catchy enough), which seems to be famous and keep the POP $$$$ rollin' in these days. The day of the ONE HIT WONDER's has blasted us again and Kesha is part of that band wagon. To be honest I'm not sure what she's thinking, she's pretty young (21 yrs) and it's hard to have creative control when you're new to the scene especially with the FANG hungry labels that completely turn artists inside out if they're semi-weak from the get. This might be that girl. She's also got this YODILLING (where's my spell check?) style that Shakira does which is really annoying when she's singing. When I saw her I did NOT think that she'd look the way she does. I thought she would be mixed or Hispanic and wore bamboo earings or something....but she looks like any hipster/ Cali style kid that bleaches their hair blonde and gets fed into the entertainment machine in LA LA LAND.




She hasn't proven to me that she has any vocal talent what-so-ever. In an interview with VENUS MAGAZINE she talks about how her style is like the Rolling Stones, old rock...................................................................wrong answer, maybe that IS what she's INTO personally, but that's NOT reflected in her music in any shape or form. Maybe she was just trying to be funny...I can't tell. Now it could be that due to FLO RIDER finding her first and having her cut the club hit 'TIK TOK' she's already being pulled in that direction of HIP POP...but usually that just means that she's going to end up a flop......so let it be TIK OK.......wait maybe I should get paid for rhyming the way I just did!!?!?!?!?! CALL ME P MUTHA LUVIN' DIDDY B****ES!!!!!




No comments: