Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sometimes Q-Tip just shows up at your friends store...


Last night I went to an event that made me miss being a DJ again :-( I went to my friends clothing store (which is the sh** by the way on Florida and U St. NW DC), and ended up watching Q-Tip perform some of his new songs from his album coming out next month. Here are the things I learned during this excellent experience:


1) Hip Hop is still alive and breathing

2) Real hip hop crowds do not consist of stank a** people, or over-hyped up folks

3) There is such a thing as an artist who doesn't sell out for some BS

4) Classic hip hop performers (like Q-Tip), are bringing hip hop back to the first days when folks were just trying to make it and would perform on a soap box just to let you hear their music and what they had to say.

5) Q-Tip will be performing in a school gym near you :-) ...no seriously, he's taking it out of the regular music venues to doing this sh** from the bottom up all over again, even when folks already know his name.


I LOVE him....hands down. Not only did he make my ears smile with his music, but he just got me through the week with knowing that he's bringing FRESH SH** BACK! It's really good to know that I don't have to listen to fake a** sh**, or folks that come on WAY TOO thick and HEAVY on the radio. THE GAME is a perfect example of taking it heavy...or G-Unit...or Lil Wayne...the list goes on and on. I'm glad that a regular a** dude (who happens to be a Hip Hop icon) could come into a clothing store and perform new great hits. We can call him a HIP HOP CLASSIC.


THANK YOU Q-TIP, I WILL BE GETTING THAT NEW ALBUM!!!


Moral: Support true and real artists...not the made up sh** that you see in the stores now

1 comment:

Nic said...

funny thing, me and my friend were just talking about Tip and ATCQ yesterday! I mean the whole rant about realy hip hop etc...

I can't wait for his album!