Wednesday, September 3, 2008

90210...............FAIL



I don't like to get caught up in the TV world considering all the rich programming that's out there filling my mind (SARCASM). It challenges my thoughts with things like, "would I slap her if she did that?" and all sorts of super important Flava of Love style women and men that get to grace my TV screen and eyes.

Last night I DID watch the season premier of 90210.....now lets talk about this. The media was super hyping it up to the point that the Washington Post said that it's producers wouldn't even allow critics to do TV reviews before it popped up on TV last night. So here's MY REVIEW of the show:
90210 back in the 90's had something going on for what it was back then. There weren't 20 other shows that were identical to the style it held, maybe Melrose Place, but that's about it. It was still a late night soap opera with a little bit more reality in there in terms of the problems....but ONLY comparing it to DAY TIME Soap Operas. Anyways, the characters all felt generic to the other programs that CW has during the rest of the year. Nothing at all stood out. It felt like I was just watching another version of Gossip Girl or something along those story lines. I watched the entire 2 hour premier and to this hour I have no idea WHY. Was it because they made it seem like it would be so exclusive that I would feel like it's the sh** since I'm watching it? Clearly I'm not their demographic AT ALL (considering that I'm obessesed with CURRENT TV and almost nothing else on TV). It was pure spoon fed entertainment, which of course was what I was expecting from the show, but it honestly didn't even do THAT for me. It was a straight up WASTE-O-TIME, ya dig? Not only was I not even impressed, but I felt even more upset because I could have written up a better script than what they brought to the table. Now I know that this is only the beginning since they're trying to make it dramatic as the one in the 90's but it's hard man....it's hard to even have a desire to pay attention.
Just another reason why NOT to have a kid, so they won't be subjected to dealing with this when they land on earth.
Moral: maybe if you move to Africa you won't have to deal with programs like this? Just a thought...

1 comment:

tahra. said...

yooo it was garbage and thats all i have to say smh