Monday, July 28, 2008

I miss REAL HIP HOP!!!!


Last night was probably one of THE BEST days and nights I've had in awhile. You're probably thinking to yourself, "oh Semra must have finally gotten some last night" and you're WRONG Scotty. In fact it was much more satisfying than S-E-X could EVER be....or really really close to the great kind ;-)


I got to go to the ROCK THE BELLS TOUR, all day festival full of old school and new school hip hop, but with better lyrics, vibes, people etc. etc. etc. There was ONE dirty south style beat that was played and MOS DEF was the person that did that so he could get away with it since he's so diverse with his style. No seriously, Mos Def is literally the ONLY person that's not from the dirty south that CAN make this seem as natural as Madonna's face lift.


Lets go over who I saw and why I can't go to ANY other mainstream concerts for a long time, this one took the ENTIRE CAKE fatty McGee!!!


- Tribe Called Quest

- Mos Def

- NAS

- The Pharcyde

- MethodMan & Redman

-GhostFace Killah & Raekwon

- De La Soul

- Rakim

- Immortal Technique

- Dead Prez

- Jay Electronica

- DJ Green Lantern

- Wale

- DJ Afrika Bambaataa


MANY MANY MORE, but those were the acts that I saw ALL DAY LONG.


Now tell me that I didn't go to sleep without a smile on my face knowing that I can change the world :-) (thanks NAS)



Moral: HIP HOP is one of the only cultures that can effectively impact the community, just like MOS DEF once said, "in order to know where hip hop is going, we gotta ask ourselves, where am I going, how am I doing?"

1 comment:

Not Applicable said...

Wale's Fav Five = http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/?p=6010