Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oscar nominations and all the crap that follows it...


So there's been a lot of talk about Heath Ledger and his possible nomination in the up coming Oscars for his last role in the new BATMAN movie. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but has anyone in the history of the Oscar world ever received one from playing a character in a Batman movie? I mean I'm a batman fan, but I've never thought to myself, "oh yeah, Oscars, BIG TIME" ever. So how come just because the guy passed away are they trying to nominate him? Out of pure respect for his untimely death, or is it all the media that followed him? My mom had no clue who he was, but due to the story being covered as if it was part of this earths rotation on TV, she quickly learned everything about him.

I know that I'm making a kinda big deal about this whole thing, but it could be due to the fact that I hate media, although I work in it, it's a big LOVE/HATE relationship going on over here. It keeps things interesting, but his death is not HUGE NEWS folks...and nobody has been thinking about his death except those that were close to him personally. The only reason anyone brought it up in the first place was because of the "news" coverage that stations would base their whole show on. RIDICULOUS

Morel: It's not cool to be a follower of dead people,...EVER

No comments: