Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where have all the good FEMALE MC's gone!!!?????



My roommate and I were talking about something that's come up before in the last few years in the world of HIP HOP (yes I'm still obsessed with the concert from Sunday night, don't judge me). Anyways, we were talking about the dying breed of the TRUE female MC. Last time I checked MC Lyte and Queen Latifah were the ONLY good ones left that weren't throwing SEX around in everyones face. Then came Missy; I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE me some Missy. You can't sit still when one of her songs comes on, am I wrong? She has goofy yet great lyrics and she carries herself very well, she takes SMART risks. As for the OTHERS that have tried to step onto the scene...well I just don't know what to say except WOMP WOMP. It's like everyone is now just a shadow of the GOOD ones.




The record labels want only ONE female MC on their roster because if there were more than one (GOD forbid...said sarcastically), what would they do with themselves? How would they market them? Turns out that most of the ones that came out when I was in high school [ex: Lil Kim, Foxy Brown and Trina] were straight up HOES. Those aren't ladies, they're tricks that play games. And they constantly have to talk about themselves as if they're the sh**. This goes back to my theory about people that have to tell you something about themselves. If you have to tell others that you're a "player" or "ballin" etc. etc. then it just means that you're the EXTREME opposite of just that, you're a BAMMA (ask someone from MD/ DC/ VA for the definition of that word if you're lost).




If you know of ANY good female MC's out there, PLEASE let me know. I need one to bless my ears. Thanks folks! :-)




Moral: There is good in this world, you just have to seek it. Don't think that it will fall onto your lap overnight.

No comments: