Sunday, August 10, 2008

We lost a King of Comedy on Saturday morning


Bernie Mac passed away at age 50 yesterday morning while struggling to fight for his life next to his wife.
Bernie Mac article

Bernie Mac was definitely one of the only other comedians that could appeal to ANY audience with his TV show "The Bernie Mac Show." It was hilarious, everyone I knew had at least watched the show once in their life and thought that he was in fact a great comedian. If you know me well enough, you know how important humor is in my life, so hearing that news yesterday definitely made me upset. I pulled out my Kings Of Comedy DVD on Friday night to watch, (extremely ironic considering all the DVD's I had to pick from that I picked that one). I watched that famous portion of the stand up where Bernie starts talking about his family: "let me get some milk and coooookies"
KINGS OF COMEDY CLIP

So I tip my hat to one of the greats of my generation in the comedy world.

WE'LL MISS YOU BERNIE MAC!!!!!

Moral: Don't forget to laugh every day, no matter what's been put on your plate in life.

No comments: