Thursday, June 5, 2008

How did we do this thing called living without electricity???

So like everyone in this world at some point, after a huge storm that hit the DC/ MD/ VA area yesterday I lost electricity. Now I for one have always been able to entertain myself easily...I pretty much still am 7 years old at heart, but I have to admit, after sitting in my apartment with candles lit and nothing to do or read (since I would have had to hold up a F-ing flashlight like I'm Nacy F-ing Drew), I realized that I cannot tolorate the fact that Pepco can't get that sh** back up and running like the rest of the USA. Why does it always take a few days to get things right? I'm telling you, that storm was symbolic to what's going on with majority of the folks walking this planet and that's called the LACK OF COMMON SENSE. I've always been one to openly bash on others (call me a HATER, I know...HATE HATE HATE, just like that ol' Dave Chappelle skit), but it's true, more than half of the worlds population doesn't have common sense, so I really don't feel like I can depend on others to get anything right PERIOD. Prime example is the sh** I'm dealing with right now with this whole "non-electric" thing. It's not cool. NOT-AT-ALL. I hate living ghetto-FAB style, and bummin' others for hot water, TV shows, cooked meals and everything else I need for basic living now-a-days. WHY CAN'T WE GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE....WHHHHHHHYYYYY!!!????

So basically what I'm trying to get at is this...if you have electricity right now, be happy, cause your girl DOESN'T and it's blowin' me in all sorts of ways. Not to mention the fact that I have a Bachelorette Party coming up that will be partically done at my place....well not if this F-ing electricity doesn't start up by the end of today, we might have to move the joint to my parents house or something.

Maybe the BEST part of all of this is how my roommate tried to take a shower this morning and SHREEEEKED when she realized that it's only cold ass water. YEAH GIRL, GET IT! hahaha.

Side-note: When I was walking to work this morning, a little girl was crossing the street pushing a stroller (a play stroller, not a real joint), and had two of the fugliest dolls being pushed in there, I freaked out. Can we get rid of the "wanna be a baby mama" strollers and dolls for little girls??? How bout something more child friendly like a WHIP! Get them into dominatrix or something beneficial to them...ya dig?

No comments: